Thursday, September 14, 2006

A theme of pumpkins

This is my granddaughter, Evelyn, age 5, holding the two SoulCollage cards she made at a recent gathering. It was a combo swim party and SoulCollage evening to introduce Karen Mann to our SoulCollage community here in Ashland, Oregon.

Before the swim party Evelyn, Eli (my grandson age 8.5) and three other kids aged 8-12 made cards. It was my first cardmaking experience working with the under 21 set. The biggest similarity to adult classes was the quiet and concentration around the table as the kids choose images, cut, and pasted. And, of course, beauiful, interesting cards emerged. The biggest difference was the amount of help needed with the messy mechanics of glue. Another difference: mostly the kids chose not to talk about their cards. Could be they were just in a hurry to get to the pool.

The evening was spent (sans children) introducing our SoulCollage cards as a way to receive guidance regarding life questions. After Karen's explanation on doing a reading, each woman drew two cards at random from the table where we had pooled everyone's cards. In speaking from my cards I really appreciated Karen's suggestions regarding wording. After making several "I am the one...." statements regarding the card, I then began with the sentence "The message I have for you is.....". This way I continued to speak directly from the card, allowing more space for intuitive knowing.

As we gathered for a final circle, I felt deep joy. Everyone shared that they had found this a helpful process. For some, it was profound. Thanks to Karen and all who participated.

Want to try a reading right now? Visit http://www.soulcollage.com/ for a 4 card spead. I suggest for at least one of the cards you speak using " I am the one..." and "The message I have for you is....".

No comments: