Thursday, July 10, 2008

Picnic with The Great Mother


It’s hot. So what! It’s Summer!
Picnics, swimming, biking, lying around reading. Yum Yum.

Sheila and I, Sharry, will be holding our annual Summer Splash SoulCollage pool party and card reading Aug 10 from 1-5 pm in Ashland, Oregon.
Call (541) 488-0956 (Sheila) for directions and RSVP (we so need a head count)

If you have never done SoulCollage, you will enjoy learning about a life transforming process. If you have made SoulCollage cards, bring them to share with others. Newcomers and experienced artists will be guided through the “reading process”.

Swimming and mingling from 1-3ish. Reading begins at 3:15.

The card featured at left is called Picnic with the Great Mother. That’s me at about 8 years old. I’ve always loved that Polaroid photo my dad took. Picnic complements of Mollie Katzen. And the Great Mother? She is out and about, within and without. Bow to her abundant offerings Summer, Fall, Winter, and Spring.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sharry,
This sounds like a great way to spend summer. I was drawn to drive to Ashland, but alas, I'm committed here already.
I also have a soaking pool and a sacred space to make SoulCollage®cards, do readings, and facilitate workshops. It's a quiet and peaceful spot with a waterfall, a place to make lunch, and to take a walk (it's a block from the beach).
I so enjoy your blog. Thanks for sending it out...I will carry the images of "Picnic with the Great Mother" with me this summer. Have a great celebration. With Warm Regards, Fran Cherlow

Lisa said...

What a fun card. Have a wonderful party and a great summer! Lisa

Dorothy said...

The cards are interesting and mind provoking. I'm drawn to the colors and depth of the photos.

Wish I lived closer to you sounds like a fun time.

Dorothy from grammology
remember to hug your gram
grammology.com

blackbelt said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm so glad that the verse brought you fond memories and feelings.

Grace

GreenishLady said...

That sounds like a wonderful party, Sharry. Bet it will be an amazing afternoon! I love the card, and the idea of a picnic with the Great Mother. Beautiful!