Friday, August 05, 2005

Pawpaw


J C Teague, my Pawpaw - Community suit

My dad's father was pretty old when I was born. He died when I was about 5 or 6 years old. What I remember most about him was him standing in our living room with his hands behind his back. I knew he had a surprise for us (my sister Barrie and me). It was often a book. I was a little young to understand Alice in Wonderland, but I loved the pictures.

I am the one who holds the past , steady, for you.
I am the one who offers you journeys into your own imagination.
I am the one who becomes more real as you grow older.

Recently I was given some wonderful photos of buildings J C had done in his younger years, years before he met and married Bessie, my grandmother. It has added dimension to my knowing him. I wanted to include them on this card, but they just didn't fit. You can see them on my blog Show Off! There also is a picture I love of my dad, Gordon, holding me. We are standing outside the window shown on this card.

No comments: