Monday, May 16, 2005

If you need a great guide....


Russell Delman - Community

I am the one who allows my body to teach me to be present.
I am the one who awakens.
I am the one who is here--right now.

Russell Delman is my meditation teacher. Last night I was listening to one of his talks from his CD. It was such an incredible reminder of what is important--remembering our true Self. He asks us to consider "What is more important than being really present?" Russell goes on to suggest that we can only do that when our mind is still. He says that being aware of what is actually happening in our body is a good way to come into the present moment, unfiltered by our mind's chatter. Of course all the masters say that (so that's a good sign). It's just that when I hear it from Russell, I somehow believe it could be true even for me.

Russell uses his expertise in the Feldenkrais Method (in addition to his training in Zen meditation) to create alternatives to obsessive thought. I think you should check this guy out.

No comments: